Firefighters say the blaze was started by some burning dryer lint in one of the apartment's units. When crews arrived on scene around 9:30 p.m. all they saw was like smoke coming from the area of the dryer.
Crews spent about twenty minutes trying to clear out all the smoke and make sure nothing else was burning before someone spotted black smoke coming from the apartment building. That's when firefighters found flames shooting out of a wall.
The flames were able to travel up the wall and into a second unit before crews were able to get a hose and put out the fire.
A family that lived in one of the units--two adults and a child--had nowhere to go Monday night and requested help from the Red Cross.