One Lubbock family is left out in the cold after a space heater causes a fire to overtake their home. The blaze broke out Tuesday evening around 6:30 at a house in the 2000 block of Paris Street. Fire fighters spent half an hour getting the fire under control, but the home is now impossible to live in. The Fire Marshal's office says the family's space heater started the blaze.
"Nobody was home. We had just left, we hadn't been gone not even an hour and our neighbor just called us. They told us that our house was on fire," says Carmen Hinojosa.
The Red Cross has provided the Hinojosas with a hotel room, food and clothing while they work to rebuild their home. Family members have set up an account to help them get back on their feet. You can donate at any Bank of America to the Carmen Hinojosa Family Fund.