Friends and family mourn the loss of a 3 year old, who died after accidentally starting a fire in his mobile home with one of the family's lighters. The fire started around 5:45 Monday night.
There were 11 people home at the time. Ten of those escaped safely, but the mobile home was completely destroyed. 3-year-old Christian Degraff died from smoke inhalation after he hid under a bed in the back room of the trailer.
Amy Osborne knows the family from Faith Baptist Church, where she taught several of the children every Sunday. Says Osborne, "It's real tragic and hard. It's hard for them to know that that baby suffered the way he did and as a parent knowing that yes, you got the rest of them out but still that one...That's going to be a really hard situation for mom."