It was just after 10PM Friday night when Tom Prather and his wife returned home to see their house engulfed in 15 foot flames. It took three hours for firefighters to extinguish the flames.
Prather said the hardest part was watching 41 years of family memories burn within minutes.
"You know if you live here in a house that long my whole family history is tied into that house so ya know it's kinda hard to lose it."
Prather said fire officials do not suspect arson. They believe it was an electrical fire that started in the kitchen. He also added that he and his wife plan to rebuild on the same lot.