A family of five is left homeless after an overnight fire burns their home. The family, now left to pick up the charred pieces left behind from the flames.
The fire started just before midnight at 1605 71st Street. Fire officials say it started from faulty wiring on a Ford Excursion near the home.
Once that caught on fire, it spread to the family's two other vehicles and eventually, the house.
Firefighters put out the flames shortly after. Fortunately, it only burned the right side of the house, but the left and back parts of the home have smoke and water damage. The homeowners say neighbors have been pouring out their Goodwill, offering their help and a place to stay.
Even with not much left, they say they're just grateful no one was injured.
Sophie Pena, Victim of House Fire: "It's not too much stuff, like I said, it's just material things. That can always be replaced. But I can't replace my husband or my children. What's done is done. Emotionally, yeah, it drained us out last night of course. But all we can do is pray about it and leave it in God's hands."
We're told the Fire marshal's office is investigating...
Luckily, this family does have insurance...
But the dollar amount of damage is still unknown.
An account has been set up to help out the family. If you'd like to help, donate at any Well's Fargo Bank under the name Josie Pena.