"We haven't had a whole lot of sleep," said Underwood. They believe this fire was sparked by fireworks, and it caught about an acre and a half of grass, but firefighters put it out quickly. "It's just carelessness: shooting fireworks off into a dry grass field and it just lights it off," said Underwood.
While there is no burn ban this year, it's still dry so Underwood says to be careful when celebrating with fireworks. "You know, just be aware of where the fireworks are gonna land after you shoot them," said Underwood.
And once they land, make sure you take care of the trash by either collecting the shells or covering them with dirt. "Just be aware of all the hot stuff that you've done and clean up," said Underwood.