When we went to her apartment Monday, she was boiling water to do dishes because the hot water heater for her apartment is broken.
She also showed us her bathroom, which was covered in bugs.
Across the way, Latosha Sanders, Menahan's neighbor, showed us her broken heater and the circuit breaker missing at least two circuits.
Those missing circuits means she doesn't have power in her living room. Instead, she has a drop cord running from her bedroom that powers that part of the house.
After our first story aired Monday, we called Lubbock Code Enforcement to see if the unsafe conditions at the apartments violated city codes.
Two code enforcement officers went out to the apartments Wednesday morning to see for themselves. As they inspected the two units, they took a lot of pictures and made a lot of notes.
It's too early to know what violations the inspectors found but both women were told they would be receiving a copy of the letter sent to their landlord detailing the violations soon.