Police are investigating whether a mother went too far trying to get her kids to calm down. A 2 and 3-year-old were taken to the hospital Tuesday night, after overdosing on medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Police say the 3 -year-old had a prescription to deal with the disorder, but the mother gave both children a dose of the medicine. Sergeant Scott Farmer says when the kids were taken to the hospital, the 3-year-old was lethargic and the 2-year-old was unconscious. "Its not uncommon to hear of parents providing medication such as, well Ill just say over the counter products, to give to the children when theyre a little hyperactive and a little out of control," says Farmer. The mother could be charged with injury to a child, but police are still reviewing the case.